Sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is a raw material used in animal feed and is classified as a “Mineral” (Council Directive 96/25/EC of 29 April 1996).
SOLVAY, world leader in the production of sodium bicarbonate, markets animal feed sodium bicarbonate BICAR® Z, in compliance with the requirements defined by the existing legislation.
BICAR® Z provides a valuable nontoxic source of unchlorinated sodium, and is incorporated into a wide range of commercial animal feeds:
- to balance their diets
- to compensate organism deviations
- to meet specific biological and rearing needs
BICAR® Z is suitable for:
- laying hens
Furthermore, SOLVAY offers the following BICAR® Z guarantees:
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point): The HACCP food and feed program identifies and prevents hygienic-sanitary hazards and is applicable to all sectors. In order to guaranty the traceability and the safety of the supply chain, SOLVAY applies the HACCP method according to the principles of the CODEX ALIMENTARIUS.
- GMP-B2 and QS Certifications
To better adapt its offer to the different European markets, some plants of the SOLVAY group have successfully obtained the following certifications:
- GMP-B2 (Good Manufacturing Practices)
Certified products are delivered on request.
The main cause of contamination during the transfer of bulk product is usually linked to the material previously transported.
Therefore, SOLVAY has defined some internal standards based on the Qualimat-Transport system.
The following rules are applied to loading operations in the plants and to subsequent transport:
- Exclusive use of hauliers conform to Regulation (EC) N°183/2005.
- Exclusive use of certified hauliers or hauliers audited on their respect of SOLVAY internal rules based on Qualimat/GMP07.
- A cleaning certificate is systematically asked for bulk trucks if the previous cargo was not BICAR® Z.
- Cleanliness: all trucks are inspected before loading.
- Full traceability of previous loads is requested from the haulier.